While yet another announcement of a newspaper death should not come as a surprise to anybody at this point, the sudden demise of News Corp’s News of the World came with a bang as it self destructed in the midst of a cell phone hacking scandal in the UK. As news of the paper’s role in the hacking into celebrities’ cell phones and monitoring of their voicemails compounded and advertisers jumped ship as fast as can be, News Corp Deputy COO James Murdoch made the announcement today that this Sunday’s edition of the 168 year-old paper would be it’s last. In a world where newspapers simply seem to whither away into nothingness, when one of it’s own crashes and burns in such spectacular fashion the news reverberates on both sides of the Atlantic.
- Pop Culture Throwdown: King of Disney Voices wp.me/p1eir9-v3 3 years ago
- Pop Culture Throwdown: Ian McKellen, Geek God (Round 3) wp.me/p1eir9-v0 3 years ago
- Pop Culture Throwdown: Poufy Dog wp.me/p1eir9-sU 5 years ago
- Pop Culture Throwdown: East Coast, West Coast, Least Coast, Best Coast wp.me/p1eir9-sO 5 years ago
- Pop Culture Throwdown: Giants vs. Patriots wp.me/p1eir9-sG 5 years ago
what it's all aboutA Thin Line Between Love & Hate Behind the Scenes Books Business Chicks Falling Skies Film Food Game of Thrones Girlcrushes Guilty Pleasures Holidays Late Night Wars Magnum Opus Music Music Tuesdays Network Upfronts News NFL NHL PCT Pop Culture Ratings Reality TV Sports The Killing Throwdowns TV Uncategorized What to Watch