Just weeks after NBC and Comcast secured the rights for the Summer and Winter Olympics for decades to come, ESPN struck back by wresting rights to the Championships at Wimbledon for a dozen years, ending NBC’s 43-year association with the tennis grand slam tournament. The battle between the two media giants continues to procure every sports media broadcast package available. Of interest in the move is the apparent dissatisfaction of the All England Club with the tape delay of certain quarterfinal and semifinal matches due to the previous shared arrangement between NBC and ESPN which was apparently not a problem for the International Olympic Committee.
- Pop Culture Throwdown: King of Disney Voices wp.me/p1eir9-v3 3 years ago
- Pop Culture Throwdown: Ian McKellen, Geek God (Round 3) wp.me/p1eir9-v0 3 years ago
- Pop Culture Throwdown: Poufy Dog wp.me/p1eir9-sU 5 years ago
- Pop Culture Throwdown: East Coast, West Coast, Least Coast, Best Coast wp.me/p1eir9-sO 5 years ago
- Pop Culture Throwdown: Giants vs. Patriots wp.me/p1eir9-sG 5 years ago
what it's all aboutA Thin Line Between Love & Hate Behind the Scenes Books Business Chicks Falling Skies Film Food Game of Thrones Girlcrushes Guilty Pleasures Holidays Late Night Wars Magnum Opus Music Music Tuesdays Network Upfronts News NFL NHL PCT Pop Culture Ratings Reality TV Sports The Killing Throwdowns TV Uncategorized What to Watch